Aadhaar number Link with Mobile Number
Aadhaar, the identification proof of every citizen of India. So it has a really important role in our daily life. Nowadays, Aadhaar is an essential document for every government-related services in India. So we need to link Aadhaar number with bank accounts. And, most of them linked their Aadhaar number with the bank accounts. Now the time for linking Mobile Number with Aadhaar. Everyone using mobile phones and most of them having more than one number. many of the people are in India already linked with their mobile numbers with Aadhaar. As per Government Directives, it is mandatory to verify the mobile number with Aadhaar for every Indian citizen before February 2018.
Verify your Aadhaar number
Earlier, people visit retailer shops to verify their Aadhaar number with mobile. It is too time taken procedure and lots of people have complained about it. So the Department of Telecommunications became directed telecom operators to provide three ways to allow their customers to verify their Aadhaar card with the mobile number. The methods are OTP based, Mobile App based and the other one is IVRS. So with the help of these methods, the customers can easily link their SIM card/ Mobile number with Aadhaar.
The IVRS based OTP authentication process enables users to do the verification process as really easy. For that every telecom service providers like Airtel, Vodafone etc are providing a 5 digit shortcode. It is a toll-free number. Customers can call to this toll-free number to verify their Aadhaar credentials.
Let’s see how to verify Aadhaar with Mobile number step by step.
- Make a call to this 5 digit toll-free number (14546).
- Then the IVR system asks you whether you are an NRI or Indian Citizen.
- If you are an Indian Citizen, provide a response to the system as 1. So the system can Identify you are an Indian Citizen and further providing the next steps for verification.
- The system then asked you to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number. Just enter it.
- After you entering the 12 digit Aadhaar number the IVR system repeats the entered Aadhaar number for confirm the number.
- If your entered number is correct just make a response by tap 1 to confirm the number.
- Then the system generated an OTP(One Time Password) will be send to your Aadhaar registered mobile number(ie; already provided mobile number when you registered in UIDAI for Aadhaar).
- Then the IVRS asks you to give the consent to the telecom operator to pick his or her name, photo and date of birth from the UIDAI database.
- Then enter the OTP perfectly and then make a response as 1 to complete the verification process with Aadhaar and mobile number.