Today, in this internet world, ‘Privacy’ is a myth. There is nothing called ‘Absolute Privacy’. If you are aware of both the cons and pros of this new world of technology and are wise enough to use it, you may save yourself from being a prey to the darkest part of the internet such as hacking.
Your Gmail Account may contain many important and sensitive information which must be kept safe. Setting up a strong Gmail password may reduce the risk of getting hacked. But in the worst case, setting up a strong password also won’t help. If someone else had access to your Gmail Account, it’s possible that you may lose some of your important communications.
The information can also be lost through the user’s error. A Gmail message can be accidentally deleted which leads to losing the information permanently unless you restore it quickly. But if you have an up-to-date Gmail backups there is no need for you to worry about losing your data. You could easily restore your lost information.
You can back up your Gmail Account by the following steps.
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/ on any browser in your computer to open Google Account page.
- Click “Sign in” at the top right corner of the screen. Enter your Email Address and Password in order to sign in.
- Click on “Personal info & privacy”.
- Click on “Control your content” on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Create Archive” below the “Download your data” section.
- Unselect every item on this page by clicking “Select None”. Now select “Mail” switch so that you can just back up Gmail rather than backing up all your Google Accounts.
- Tap on the downward facing arrow to the right of the “All Mail”. There you can either choose all your emails or select specific labels to download only emails with those labels attached.
- Click on “Next”.
- Now select an Archive size. Here, by selecting a size, you are allowing all your Gmail files to be in one folder. Archives larger than this size will be split into multiple files.
- Click on “Create Archive”. Now Google will start creating a data backup file with your inbox’s files in it. This process may take several hours depending on your inbox’s size.
- After finishing the process an email will be send to you with a download link from where you can download your backup file.
- Now open the email “Your Google data Archive is ready”. Download the file and save it wherever you want.
- The Archive will be downloaded in ZIP format. So you will have to extract it before you can open it.