WhatsApp is one of the popular messenger application in this world. Lots of people using WhatsApp and they also bring new useful features to its users as well. Now, the entire country is under lockdown due to Covid 19. So people all are at their home and spending more time on social media. The report says the user engagement on WhatsApp is increased more than before. WhatsApp providing options to send multimedia contents such as image, document, audio, video, etc. Audio and video calls using VoIP and more. All it consumes more data. So today here I’m sharing the way to save Data while using WhatsApp calls and videos.
To reduce data consumption, you don’t need to stop making WhatsApp calls and sending multimedia content. Just follow these steps to reduce data consumption on WhatsApp.
Steps to save data while using WhatsApp calls and videos
Let’s know how to reduce data consumption for WhatsApp calls
- First, open your WhatsApp application.
- Then, tap on the three vertical dots at the corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Settings option and move to WhatsApp settings.
- Here you can see the settings option for Data and storage usage.
- Then, check the option for Low data usage under the Call settings and turn on the toggle icon placed on the right side of the option.
Next, we will look for the steps to reduce data consumption from photos and video ( Multimedia content sharing )
For reducing this data consumption, the best thing to do is turn off the auto-download feature and here’s how to do it.
- Open WhatsApp settings
- Then Tap on Data and storage usage
- Under media Auto download, you can see three options first one is ‘when using mobile data’, next is ‘when connected on Wi-Fi’ ad the last option is ‘ when roaming’.
- Tap on each option and uncheck all the boxes (Photos, Audio, videos, and documents)