Malayalam is a language spoken by the people in Kerala and all Malayali people living around the world. Malayalam is an Indian language, Google supports lots of Indian languages in their apps including Malayalam. Google Maps powered by Google, we can search on Google Maps for any destinations in Malayalam. For that, we just need a Malayalam typing tool, a Keyboard application. Today here I’m sharing the way to search places in Google Maps using the Malayalam language.
One of the best navigation application. Billions of people using Google Maps for their Travel needs. Google Maps providing real-time GPS navigation, traffic, public transport info, and we can explore more like restaurants, hotels, tourist places, etc. Google Maps supports the Malayalam language. We can search on Google Maps in Malayalam. Not only Malayalam, but it also supports lots of Indian languages. If you are not wanted to type, then you can search with voice.
Gboard – The Google Keyboard
Gboard is another good application of Google. It’s a Keyboard application. We can enable the Malayalam language in the Gboard application by installing the Malayalam language pack. If your default application not supporting the Malayalam language then install the Gboard app. Most of the Android devices, Gboard application is a pre-installed one.
How to type Malayalam on Google Maps
- Open Google Maps
- Set your default Keyboard as Gboard and also enable the Malayalam language.
- Then type on Google Maps search bar with Malayalam language and tap enter icon. That’s all.
If you want to set Google Maps voice navigation language as Malayalam, just follow the below steps to achieve it.
- Open Google Maps on your device
- Move to settings option – Tap on Menu icon and choose Settings.
- Tap on the Navigation settings option under the settings tab.
- It will list the options to select your preferred voice.
- Just tap on Voice selection, now it will provide another list of available voice languages.
- Usually, Voice language set as English in default. Choose Malayalam as voice navigation language then save it.