India Post Tracking App – Postinfo by Indian Postal Department
In this age, we have many communication channels are available. But some year ago, the most popular and available communication channel in India was India Post. India Post is a government-operated postal system in India under the Department of Posts, it is the most widely distributed postal system in the world. The Post offices are present in rural and urban areas as well. Today, we have a very brilliant technology and communication systems. As of now, Indian Postal Department is very active in our country. Today here I’m sharing the official application of the Indian Postal Department named PostInfo. It is the official app and India post tracking app available on Google Play Store.
Postinfo is the official application of the Indian Postal Department. It is an Android application available on Google Play Store. Postinfo app developed by Centre for Excellence in Postal Technology. It listed under communication category of apps on Play Store. We can called it as India post tracking app. Over one million people installed Postinfo on their smartphones. The average rating of the app is 4.4. App size is just 9.3M and it last updated on 22 February 2018. Postinfo app requires Android version 4.0 and up for work perfectly. App content rated age 3+.
Postinfo Key Features
- Tracking – Tracking feature available on Postinfo app for Speed Post, Registered Letter, Insured Letter , Value Payable Letter, Insured Value Payable Letter, Registered Packets, Registered Periodicals, Registered Parcel , Insured Parcel, Value Payable Parcel, Insured Value Payable Parcel, Business Parcel, Business Parcel COD, Express Parcel, Express Parcel COD, Electronic Money Order (e-MO).
- Post office search – Users can easily search for any post office by entering first four letters of the post office name, or by entering pincode. Then the users get a list of matching Post offices. To know more details of the post office, just tap on the post office. Then it displays the details like Name of Post office, Street address (location), contact details of the Post office for the selected Post office. The name of the Division and contact details of the Divisional Superintendent, details of Regional Postmaster General and the Chief Postmaster General etc.
- Postage Calculator – The Postinfo app will calculate the Postage (tariff) to be paid for all types of articles based on the weight entered by the user.
- Insurance premium calculator – The Postal department providing some insurance policies. Users can check the premium payable for all the eligible types of Postal /Rural Postal Life insurance Policies on the basis of the input entered.
- Interest calculator – Post office providing small size money-saving schemes such as Sukanya Samriddhi yojana, Recurring Deposit, Time Deposit, Monthly Income Scheme, Senior Citizen Savings Scheme, National Savings Certificate, Kisan Vikas Patra. The interest calculator shows the interest rate for each savings scheme by entering the amount.
This is a really useful application for all using Indian postal services.