How To Check and improve your new iPhone Battery Life: For the iPhone, battery life is an important fact. Battery life determines how long your battery lasts on a single charge. The iPhone battery can power the phone for up to eight hours. The battery can only sustain a finite number of charge and discharge cycles, after which it starts wearing off quickly being powered. iOS has several useful tools for displaying how much battery life your iPhone has left. That means all rechargeable batteries lose their effectiveness over time. Charging an iPhone or iPad is a slow process. With the following tips, you can maximize the battery life on your iPhone:
- Turn off location service
- Make sure Auto-brightness is enabled
- Disable background app refresh
- Use Airplane mode when you don’t need to be connected to the internet etc
You can check the battery level using the battery icon on your iPhone. The battery icon on the phone provides limited information on the remaining battery life. But you can adjust the settings to get a more accurate reading on the amount of power left in the battery and also to check battery usage your iPhone. This article provides the guidelines to check iPhone battery life.
Steps to check battery usage on iPhone
With these steps, you can check the battery usage on your phone.
- Open your iPhone
- Then, go to Settings
- Tap on Battery
- Next click on Battery usage
- Tap on Show Detailed Usage button
- Then tap on Last 7 Days
- Now you can get a broader look at power consumption over time.
You can also check the battery health of your iPhone. Battery health determines how much your battery life diminishes over time. These are the simple steps to check your iPhone’s battery health:
- Open your iPhone
- Go to Settings
- Then tap on Battery
- Next click on Battery Health
- Now you can see two relevant indicators of battery health: “Maximum Capacity” and “Peak Performance Capability”.
All new iPhone models and new iPhone batteries will begin at 100% capacity, but over time as the battery ages and go through many charging cycles, the battery capacity may be reduced.