Protect USB drive with Passwords – Easy Tips
We all use USB pen drives for keeping data backups. USB drives are small and portable so we can manage it easily. At the same time, there are many chances for lost it. Now everything is digitalized and we replaced the book entries to a computer system. So we keeping our confidential data in computer systems rather than paper books. For backup data, we using this kind of USB pen drives. In the case of computer or mobile phones, we set a password to make it secure. But we ignore this step in the case of USB drives. It’s mandatory to set a password for the USB pen drives having confidential data. Also, it’s not an easy process to set a password for USB drives like mobile phones or computer. Mobile devices have inbuilt options available for setting passwords. But there are no options available for protect usb drive by setting password. So we need to take help from third-party software. Here I explain how to set a password for USB Pendrive
Bitlock, Wondershare, and more tools are helping to protect our data. But all of this kind of software needs an encryption process. You should need to lock all of the data, just follow the below steps to give protection for your device.
Protect USB Drive With Password Using BitLock
- First, you Install and enable BitLocker for the USB drive. For that Just insert the USB Pendrive into your computer. And then right click on the drive and select Turn on BitLocker.
- Then click on Use password to protect the drive. and enter the password you want to set for the drive.
- Then click the next button and print or save the key for future reference.
- After completing these process, the encryption process will start and your drive will get secured with the password that you have set.
Protect USB Pendrive With Password Using Wondershare
- Install the Wondershare USB Drive Encryption software from its official website.
- Open the software and insert the pen drive into your computer.
- Then, select your drive in the program and select the amount as complete to fully secure your drive. And click on install button.
- In the next step, you need to enter the username and password that you want to set for your USB Pen drive.
If you don’t have to spend lots of time on this encryption process, you can take some other options. If your device has confidential pdf, doc files you can simply make a password for that particular files. Microsoft Word, Excel this kind of software providing the security feature that enables you to save files with a password.