Wireless communication plays a significant role in the day to day life. Besides communication, wireless technology has become an integral part of our daily activities. WiFi is one of the most important technological developments of the modern age. It is an important and useful technology for the future. We know, Wi-Fi is typically used to access the internet on portable devices like smartphones, tablets, or laptops, in actuality, Wi-Fi itself is used to connect to a router or other access point which in turn provides the internet access.
Everyone within a network’s range and a compatible Wi-Fi device can detect the network and attempt to connect to it. In most of the situations, we share our wi-fi with our friends. Mostly we provide some security methods like a password for wi-fi sharing. Some times it is very inconvenient. We can also to share wi-fi data with sharing the password. This article provides two methods to achieve this.
Connect Automatically with WPS
Most WiFi devices have a feature called WPS (WiFi Protected Setup). Most of the Android and Windows computer also support WPS. For connect your Android smartphone with WiFi router using the WPS feature, just do the following steps;
- On your Android phone, go to Settings
- Then tap on Network and Internet
- Then tap on WiFi
- Next, click on Advanced Settings
- Now you can see the option Wifi Push Button or Connect WPS option just click on that.
- Next, go to your WiFi router, and press the WPS button (generally located on the back side).
- As soon as you press both buttons simultaneously, your Android device will connect to the WiFi network without exchanging any password.
Some WPS-capable router (like from TP-link) can also connect using of 8-digit PIN, Look for a sticker attached to the back side of your WiFi router, if you see an 8 digit PIN, you can use that as WiFi password as well. WPS works only when both the home router and WiFi client devices support it. While most Android and Windows computer do support WPS, Apple device like Macbook and iPhone doesn’t.
Share Wifi with Bluetooth
With the Bluetooth technology, you can access wi-fi without knowing the password. Here provide the steps to sharing wi-fi between two Android phones without sharing the password. Among the two Android phones, one which has an internet connection and others has not. The steps are:
- First of all, open Android phone which has an internet connection
- Turn on its wi-fi and Bluetooth
- Go to settings
- Then tap on More option
- Next click on Tethering & portable hotspot option
- Then enable the Bluetooth tethering option
- Next, go to the android phone which has to get the internet connection
- Turn on its Bluetooth
- Then pair it with the Android phone which has an internet connection. Now the android phone gets an internet connection.