Navigation apps are always helping us to reach our destination. Usually this kind of applications providing the shortest route, nearby things, etc. Google Maps is a perfect navigation app, most Android users having this in their device. Google Maps providing many features, if you know the features, then you can effectively use the application. Today here I’m sharing Google Maps tips to save petrol.
When you go somewhere, Google maps will guide you to reach your destination. At the same time, Google Map shows you multiple routes to reach your destination. You can also calculate the distance of each route and select the best rout. This will help you to save time and petrol as well.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to measure the shortest distance between multiple routes on your smartphone.
- Open Google Maps App.
- Locate and mark the first point with a red pin.
- Tap the name of the place at the bottom of the map.
- Select the ‘Measure distance’ from the pop-up menu.
- Drag the map and place the black circle on the next point that you want to add.
- Click on Add + option if you want to add multiple points in the app.
- Now the total distance (in miles or in kilometers) will be displayed at the bottom of the app.
Desktop users follow the below steps:
- Open any web browser on your desktop.
- Open Google Maps.
- Zoom into the starting point and then right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘Measure distance’.
- Then click on the second location where you want to measure the distance.
- Similarly, click on all the locations you want to measure the distance.
- Now you have to drag a point to adjust it in order to map the distance.
- Now the distance between the locations will be displayed at the bottom of the page.