A spam call, like a spam email, is an unsolicited or unwanted call. It is a popular method of scamming, pranking, and even scaring people. These unwanted phone calls seem to come at all hours. They may interrupt your work or other else. Not only are spam calls annoying, but they are also very dangerous. They may steal our pieces of information like bank account related details etc. Most of the spam calls are from telecom services, and from companies providing financial services. The spam calls from telecom services are used for advertising special offers, free data, unlimited calling packs etc.
Mainly three types of spam calls are there:
- Robotic Calls – These are automated, prerecorded phone calls
- Telemarketing Calls – Calls from companies looking forward to selling some of their product or services
- Fraud/Spam Calls – An entity likely pretending to be someone they’re not with malicious intent.
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) provides its official app named DND to save consumers from unsolicited calls/SMS. DND stands for Do Not Disturb. If a person registers his/her mobile number, then it would be illegal for telemarketers to send any sort of unsolicited SMS or calls on those numbers. The app is available on both Android and iOS. Here provides the steps to block spam calls/SMS using DND app.
Steps to Block Spam calls Using DND app
- First of all download the app TRAI DND 2.0 from Google Play Store
- Open the app and allow all the necessary permissions
- Now an OTP send to your mobile number verification
- After that, tap on the three horizontal bars on the top left of the screen
- Then, click on Settings
- Next, Turn on “Detect Spam Calls” and “Detect Spam Messages”
- Now, enter the profile name and tap on the Update button
- Next, tap on Registration Status
- Then, click on Change Preference button
- After that, select all the fields from which you receive most of the spam calls
- Then, click on Submit
- Now, it will send an SMS to start the service on your mobile number
- Send that SMS and wait for the confirmation message
- Once, you have received the service activation message, the app will automatically block the spam calls.