How to use YouTube Chat
We all using instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, Telegram etc. Are you using YouTube chat feature? It’s a pretty good feature introduced in the video streaming platform Youtube. The search giant Google-owned Youtube added some good features in the last year. With this feature, you can chat with your friends on Youtube. Easy to discuss a particular video streaming on Youtube, share Youtube videos instantly with your friends etc.
In former, if spotted an interesting video on YouTube and you loved it most, you will try to share it with friends. For sharing Youtube video, you need to pick up the video link and share the links with friends only through apps such as WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Telegram or Gmail among others. But nowadays most of the people using Youtube app on their mobile phone. So with this chat feature, you don’t need to copy the link and share with your friends through the instant messaging apps like WhatsApp.
YouTube’s in-app messaging features enable you to reply to another video. You can invite friends to the conversation and also create groups like WhatsApp. But the group chatting feature only supports up to 30 peoples. To start a YouTube chat, you can select your friends from your contacts, or invite people through dedicated links, which can be shared on other platforms. Also, Youtube shows some of your friends list under the messages tab, so you can select from there. Youtube chat always private.
How to use YouTube chat
- Open your YouTube app and tap on the inbox menu at the bottom.
- In Inbox, you can see Messages, Notifications tabs.
- Under messages tab, YouTube will show a message ” YouTube introducing a new way to share “.
- You can explore Youtube chat through click this link.
- When you click on the link it navigates to a chat window including some text describes how it works.
- And also having other three links for inviting peoples ‘ Add from phonebook’, ‘ send an invitation link ‘, ‘ view people you may know’.
- You can send invitations to your friends using one of this method.
- After your friend accepts your invitation, You can send messages, emojis, Youtube Videos etc.
- To create a group chat. just tap on the NEW GROUP option under messages tab. And add your friends.