CHECK EPF BALANCE via EPFO Portal, SMS and Missed Call: If you are an employee of an organization and holds an EPF account will know the benefits of Employee provident fund. In the year 1952, the Government of India set up the Employees Provident Fund Organization to help citizens recognize the need to save for their retirement or accumulate a corpus for their future.
Provident fund is a financial security asset that acts as a stable and disciplined investment solution for the post-retirement needs of employees. Individuals contribute towards PF throughout their employment on a periodic basis, which can either be withdrawn while quitting jobs or during important occasions such as marriages and medical emergencies.
If you are an employee and a member of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), you don’t have to wait for your employer to furnish your EPF statement at the end of the year. Now you can easily check your EPF balance both online and offline.
Here are three easy ways you can check EPF balance.
1. Check EPF Balance using EPFO Portal
Before you try to check EPF balance, make sure that the employer has activated your Universal Account Number (UAN). Once your UAN number is activated, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to the EPFO website www.epfindia.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Our Services’ tab.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the ‘For Employees’ option.
- Under the ‘Services’ option, click on the ‘Member Passbook’.
- It will take you to the Login page. Enter the username which is the UAN and password to log in.
- After logging in, you can access their EPF details.
- To check your EPF balance with different employers, click on the respective passbook.
2. Check EPF Balance By sending an SMS
The SMS based UAN activation facility is available only if you have UAN (Universal Account Number) and have registered your mobile number during UAN activation. You should use the UAN Registered mobile number in order to get the EPF balance via SMS.
Follow the steps given below to check your EPF balance through SMS.
- Send SMS to 7738299899 using the UAN registered Mobile number.
- If your preferred language is English, you need to send the message as EPFOHO UAN ENG where ENG stands for English. If your preferred language is Malayalam, you need to send the message as EPFOHO UAN MAL where MAL stands for Malayalam.
You can receive the message in different languages. Currently, EPFO provides an option to receive SMS in 10 languages. They are English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Bengali. Use the first three characters of your preferred language as the last three letters of your SMS code.
Once you send the message, EPFO will send you the member details available as well as details of the KYC, last contribution, along with the total EPF balance.
3. Check EPF Balance By giving a missed call
To get the EPF balance through the missed call service also. For that, you need to have UAN (Universal Account Number) and have registered your mobile number during UAN activation. You should make the call from the registered mobile number in order to get the EPF balance.
Using the UAN registered mobile number, you have to give a missed call to 011-22901406. As soon as you have done that, you will receive a message of the PF balance in the account.
4. Checking EPF balance through the Umang application
The government of India providing the Umang application to check epf balance. You can find this application on Google Play Store. With this application, you can view your passbook, raise a claim, and track the claim. To use this application, you should register first with your registered mobile number.