Make Payment Without Internet Connection: Sometimes we are facing network issues in important times. What do we do if this network breaks in the middle of a transaction? It’s really a horrible situation. When you try to send money through Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe, or another UPI payment provider and it fails, you can try some methods I will explain here.
*99#, a USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) based mobile banking service. Through this, you can request and transfer money, update your UPI PIN, and even check your account balance without an internet connection.
Everyone in India can use the *99# service to get banking services. It is available in 13 languages, including Hindi and English, and is supplied by 83 major banks and four telecom service providers. Here’s how to set it up and make UPI payments offline.
How to set up offline UPI payments
- On your smartphone or feature phone, dial *99#.
- However, you must use the same phone number that has been linked to your bank account to make this call; otherwise, the service will not work.
- Then select your preferred language and enter your bank’s name.
- You’ll be given the list of bank accounts associated with your phone number; select the one you wish to use by selecting the appropriate option.
- Now enter the last six digits of your debit card, as well as the expiry date.
- After successfully completing the above steps, you can make UPI payments without an Internet connection.
Make Payments without Internet Connection
- To make payments, first dial *99# on your phone and then enter 1.
- Select your preferred option and enter the UPI ID/phone number/bank account number of the person to whom you want to send money.
- Then enter the amount and your UPI PIN.
- After completing the successful transaction, you will be charged a maximum of Rs. 0.50 per transaction for using the *99# service.