What is Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana and Its benefits? The central government introduces many schemes to the people in India for a better living. The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana is also a beneficial scheme for the people in India who are Unorganized Workers. In India’s population, a good percentage of people are Unorganized workers. Unorganized workers contribute around 50 percent of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product. The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan is a scheme introduced by the government of India for old age protection and social security of Unorganized Workers.
Unorganized Workers (UW) are mostly engaged as home-based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washer men, rickshaw pullers, landless laborers, own account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio- visual workers or workers in similar other occupations.
Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana
Through this scheme, the beneficiary would get a minimum assured pension of Rs. 3000 per month after reaching the age of 60. In case, the beneficiary dies, the spouse of the beneficiary shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension as a family pension. The family pension is applicable only to spouse.
The eligible applicants between the age group of 18 to 40 years will have to spend monthly contributions ranging from Rs 55 to Rs 200 per month till they attain the age of 60. When they attain the age of 60, then they can start receiving the monthly pension amount of Rs. 3000.
- This pension scheme is only for Unorganized workers (UW)
- Entry age between 18 to 40 years
- Monthly Income Rs 15000 or below.
- The applicant should not be engaged in Organized Sector (member of EPFO/NPS/ESIC)
- The applicant should not be an income taxpayer
Applicant should provide Aadhaar card and Savings Bank Account / Jan Dhan account number with IFSC.
How to Apply:
1. The eligible person can submit the application through the nearest CSC center.
2. Applicants should carry the documents at the time of application submission.
– Aadhaar Card
– Savings/Jan Dhan Bank Account details along with IFSC Code ( Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account )
3. An initial contribution amount in cash will be made to the Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE).
4. The VLE will key in the Aadhaar number, Name of the beneficiary, and Date of birth as printed on Aadhaar card for authentication.
5. The VLE will complete the online registration by filling up the details like Bank Account details, Mobile Number, Email Address, Spouse (if any) and Nominee details will be captured.
6. Self-certification for eligibility conditions will be done.
7. The system will auto calculate monthly contribution payable according to the age of the Beneficiary.
8. The beneficiary will pay the 1st subscription amount in cash to the VLE.
9. Enrollment cum Auto Debit mandate form will be printed and will be further signed by the beneficiary. VLE will scan the same and upload it into the system.
10. A unique Shram Yogi Pension Account Number (SPAN) will be generated and Shram Yogi Card will be printed.
You can check more information on the official website. Here I will share the official website. https://maandhan.in/scheme/pmsym