How to buy train tickets online for local trains using UTS App: Among the World railway networks, Indian Railway is the fourth largest railway networks by size. There are millions of people are used Indian railway for long travel as well as normal travel. Majority of the people travel on local trains regularly. It is for those who travel daily to their workplace from home and perform a major portion of the journey by Local Trains. In earlier, you have needed to wait at the railway station ticket counter to get a local train ticket. But now, you can easily get it by the app named UTS. UTS stands for Unreserved Ticketing System is an Indian Railways official android mobile ticketing app to book unreserved train tickets. This app is available for Android, IOS and Windows phones.
The passenger can book the paperless ticket through this mobile application and ticket will be delivered in the mobile application itself. The passenger can travel without taking a hard copy of the ticket. Other than unreserved ticket booking, UTS app users can also enjoy other features such as cancellation of unreserved tickets, issue and renewal of season and platform tickets, checking as well as loading R-wallet balance and maintaining user profile management and booking history.
Also Read: How to Done PF Withdrawal Online
The app service is not available to a person under the age of Seventeen or previously suspended or removed from the services by Indian Railway. The UTS app allows you to book two kinds of tickets – paper tickets and paperless. Paper tickets require you to book on the UTS app and then print the ticket. On the other hand, paperless tickets do not need you to print them. Presently the mobile application provides the following services.
- Booking of Journey ticket, Season ticket and Platform ticket
- Cancellation of Suburban ticket.
- Issue/Renew Season ticket.
- Check R-Wallet balance.
- Surrender of R-Wallet.
- User profile management.
- Booking History.
You can download the app from the Play Store
Steps to book a paperless local train ticket on the UTS app
- First of all, Open the UTS app on your phone
- Then, click the Login button on the top-right on Android. While on iPhone click on the rectangle with a right arrow on your screen.
- Enter your credentials
- Then tap on Book Ticket
- Tap on Normal Book option from the list
- Select the Book & Travel (Paperless) option.
- Then select the station where you want to book from under the From Station
- Under To Station, select your destination.
- Then click on Done button
- On the next screen, you have to provide the details like which class you want to travel, number of passengers, etc..
- Then tap on Done button
- Tap Get Fare and select a payment gateway.
- Tap on Book Ticket.
- Click on Accept
- Then, tap on Make Payment.
- Now you can see the ticket in the app.