Best parental control app Google Family Link: The search giant Google has launched an app named Family Link in last year. The app is aimed at parents to keep track of their children’s smartphone usage. Family Link is a mobile app, that makes it possible to limit the amount of screen time your children have. The app also allows the parents to monitor children’s internet activity, and keep them safe from inappropriate sites. Overall the app puts parents in charge of their children’s smartphones. With this app, parents can either approve or block apps their children download.
Google Family Link app is listed in the Tools category of the Google Play Store. The size of the app is 9.77 MB. The app has an average rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 and has 1,00,00,000+ downloads. The app involves setting up a private Google Account for your children that you can monitor and control. Family Link works with Android 5.1 or higher as well as iOS 9 devices or higher.
How To Set Up Parental Control App – Google Family Link App
Here are the steps that help you to set up the Family Link app.
- Download the Google Family Link app from the Google Play Store
- Sign in using your Google account
- Create a new Google account for your children
- Then download the app on the child’s device
- Next, enter the code generated by the parent device into the child’s phone
- Now the parent device will be connected to the child device.
You can visit the Google Family Link website to download the application for your device.
Features provided by the Google Family Link App
After both devices have been connected, the app allows the parents to monitor the child’s use of their phone. The app provides the following features:
- Control and monitor Chrome browsing activity
Google Family Link app allows the parents to set restrictions on how children browse the web. The parents can also block and allow specific sites. Kids can ask for permission to visit a site on the block list and parents can approve or deny access through Google Family Link. For doing this just do the following steps:
- Open the Family Link app
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Manage settings
- Then click on Filters on Google Chrome
- Next, tap on Manage sites
- Finally, choose Approved or Blocked
- Setting up a screen time limit
With this app, parents can monitor the amount of time their kids are spending on the smartphone and set a limit to that. For setting a daily time limit do the following:
- Under your child’s account setting, Go to Daily limits
- Then tap on Edit limits
- Then set the length of the time your child can use the device each day
You can also set the bedtime for each specific day of the week. For this:
- Go to Account settings
- Tap on the edit under the Bedtime card
- Then set the time
- Lock or Unlock Child’s device remotely
Google Family Link app provides the facility for the parents to lock or unlock their child device. For this follow the steps:
- Open child’s account settings in Family Link
- Tap on Lock or Unlock under their device
- Parents can also use a parent code to unlock a locked device that is not connected to the internet.
- Guide your child to good content
With this app, the parent can view their children’s activities and help them make a healthy decision.
- The parent can find where their child is going and find out their locations as long as they are bringing the Android device with them